Recommendations of various kinds are posted on this site by staff and commenters. Readers follow these recommendations at their own risk. The Planet Beat accepts no responsibility for adverse consequences that result from following these recommendations.
Comments should not be construed as reflecting the views of The Planet Beat. While objectionable content may be deleted, the presence of a comment should not be construed as an endorsement. Please see the Terms and Conditions page for more information.
Commenters on The Planet Beat are considered guests and should behave accordingly. The staff reserves the right to delete comments and suspend accounts whenever we judge it in the best interests of preserving site functionality. Below are some guidelines that commenters are expected to follow:
- When citing facts, provide references or links.
- Make it clear when you are expressing an opinion. Do not assert opinions as facts.
- When presenting an argument, cite supporting evidence and use logical reasoning.
- Treat members of the community with civility and respect. If you see disrespectful behavior, report it to the staff rather than further inflaming the situation.
- Ad hominem attacks are not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, refute their statements rather than insulting them.
- Humor is OK, as long as it is on-topic. We all need a little levity now and then.
- Keep all comments on non-Drumbeat stories on-topic. If you have comment that is not related to a particular story, please post it the current Drumbeat story.
- Do not copy and paste complete copyrighted articles without permission from the copyright holder. Limited copying under the doctrine of “fair use” is OK.
- Using comments to promote products and services for sale is prohibited except in the swap section where you may sell items you own personally to other members. You cannot buy advertising on this site nor does the site support any form of advertising at this time.